WELCOME TO THE SCENARIO PLANNING INSTITUTE!
Scenario planning is a discipline for developing multiple imagined futures in which decisions about the future can be played out, for the purposes of changing thinking, improving decision-making, fostering human and organization learning and improving performance.
The purpose of the Scenario Planning Institute is to create new knowledge about scenario planning and advance scenario-planning practices through research, focused projects and capacity building.
The desired results of the Scenario Planning Institute are to:
- Sponsor and conduct research on scenario planning with a key purpose of defining the theoretical foundations of Scenario Planning.
- Facilitate a network of scholars and practitioners interested in furthering the scenario planning knowledge base.
- Create a global community of practice.
- Foster continuous learning about scenario planning as applied in the area of research and practice with emphasis on addressing complex global issues such as business planning and adaptability, adaptation and mitigation of climate change, water scarcity, water security, food security, and others.
- Build capacity in organizations and individuals for scenario thinking.
- Offer executive education, short courses, and certification supported by coaching and mentoring to disseminate Scenario Planning skills.
- Create and disseminate new knowledge about Scenario Planning.
Our expertise is in the integration of systems thinking and acting, leadership development, and scenario-based strategy. These elements come together to help initiate aligned action at scale, and form a unique approach to organizational performance and change.